I am joining the Department of of Computer Science and Engineering at University of California, Merced as an assistant professor beginning in Fall, 2020.
I am looking for self-motivated students to work on research projects in wireless networking and mobile computing. Read my "Notes to Prospective Students" if you are interested in joining our research group.
Hua Huang obtained his Ph.D in Computer Engineering at Stony Brook University working with Professor Shan Lin. He received his M.S of Computer Science in Temple University, and B.E of Electronic and Information Sciences in Huazhong University of Science and Technology(HUST). This is his CV. His email address is hua.huang_at_stonybrook.edu.
Internet of Things, Cyer-physical Systems, and Mobile Computing.
• H. Huang, S. Lin. ”A Novel Magneto-Inductive Sensing Based Electric Toothbrushing Monitoring System” ACM MobiCom, 2020 (Accepted). pdf
• H. Huang, Hongkai Chen, and S. Lin. ”MagTrack: Enabling Safe Driving Monitoring with Wearable Magnetics” ACM Mobisys, 2019. pdf
• H. Huang and S. Lin. ”WiDet: Device Free Walking Detection with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks” ACM MSWiM, 2018 Best paper runner up. pdf
• H.Huang, S. Lin. ”Toothbrushing Monitoring using Wrist Watch.” ACM Sensys, 2016. (acceptance rate:21/119=17.6%) pdf slides video
• L. Chen, S. Lin and H. Huang. ”Charge Me If You Can: Charging Path Optimization and Scheduling inMobile Networks ” ACM MobiHoc, 2016
• K. Liu, J. Gao, S. Lin, H. Huang and B. Schiller. ”Joint Sensor Duty Cycle Scheduling with Coverage Guarantee” ACM MobiHoc, 2016
• H. Huang, S. Lin, L. Chen, J. Gao, A. Mamat, J. Wu. ” Dynamic Mobile Charger Scheduling in Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks”. IEEE MASS, 2015 pdf
• F. Miao, S. Lin, S. Munir, J. A. Stankovic, H. Huang, D. Zhang, T. He and G. J. Pappas “Taxi Dispatch with Real-Time Sensing Data in Metropolitan Areas - a Receding Horizon Control Approach” ACM/IEEE ICCPS, 2015.
• H. Huang, C. Ni, X. Ban, J. Gao, A. T. Schneider and S. Lin “Connected Wireless Camera Network Deployment with Visibility Coverage” IEEE INFOCOM14, 2014. pdf
News and Events:
2018/02/26 I give a lecture on localization techniques for ESE 343/543, Mobile Could Computing.
2017/09/15 I give the second lecture on wireless sensing for CSE 570.
2017/09/08 I give the first lecture on wireless sensing for CSE 570.
2017/02/19 Our project, the Billiard Guru, wins the finalist prize for Hackathon@CEWIT!